I had a pleasure to co-chair 16th KKIO Software Engineering Conference (KKIO’14) as well co-chair the Philadelphia Session @ KKIO’14. The aim of the session was to present important, recent achievements of Polish researchers in software engineering (published by SE journals indexed by Thomson Reuters) and to stimulate high-quality research, collaboration and discussion on research challenges in software engineering.
My introduction slides to the Philadelphia Session @ KKIO’14 are available here. One of the slides presents contribution of European countries to the selected set of Software Engineering journals since 2010.
The selected set of journals included:
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM)
- Automated Software Engineering (ASE)
- Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE)
- IET Software (IETSW)
- IEEE Software (SW)
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE)
- Information and Software Technology (IST)
- International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (IJSEKE)
- Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (JSEP)
- Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution: Research and Practice (JSME)
- Requirements Engineering Journal (REJ)
- Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM)
- Software Quality Journal (SQJ)
- Software Testing, Verification and Reliability (STVR)
- Software: Practice and Experience (SPE)
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
All of these 16 journals are indexed by Scopus, which provides an excellent search interface including ability to construct advanced search strings.
- 4591 document results in total,
- 973 document results by authors from United States
- 469 document results by authors from UK,
- 418 document results by authors from Spain,
- 390 document results by authors from Germany,
- 340 document results by authors from Italy,
- (other countries…)
- 35 document results by authors from Portugal,
- 28 document results by authors with Polish affiliations.
It seems to be a SPACE for improvement
See more details in a chapter “Recent Polish achievements in Software Engineering” published in a book “Software Engineering from Research and Practice Perspective”, edited by Lech Madeyski and Mirosław Ochodek. Polish Information Processing Society Scientific Council, chap. 1, pp. 15-38. 2014.